Digital Business Platform Design
AgileLayer leverages its Professional Services offerings and Integrated Design Methodology to lead enterprises in the design and evolution of high-impact Digital Business Platforms.
By way of review, a Digital Business Platform provides enteprises with:
- A repository of business, data & infrastructure components used to create/configure digital offerings & solutions
- The ability to rapidly build, buy and re-configure its business & technology components and operating models
- Standardized interfaces and components to drive organizational speed, agility & efficiency
The diagram below provides an overview of how AgileLayer's Integrated Design Methodology supports the build-out of a Digital Business Platform.
AgileLayer's approach to designing a Digital Business Platform addresses the following key considerations:
- What Components should be part of the Digital Platform? Why? When? Says who?
- Which Components should be “shared”? Who designs, builds & governs them?
- How are Components accessed? How do they interoperate?
- How do we drive Component design & build-out from a Capabilities perspective?
- How do we design for CX and Business Agility?
- What is the Digital Platform investment roadmap & sequencing?
- How do we Source the Platform’s Capabilities / Components?
- How do we govern and life-cycle manage Platform Capabilities and their implementing Components (i.e., microservices)?
- How do we organize, up-skill and scale to drive our Digital program?
The benefits of AgileLayer's Digital Business Platform design approach are as follows:
- Better connect Business Planning to IT Design through a Business Domain & Capabilities-driven approach to Service/API-based component modeling
- Fully exploit the strategic advantages presented by Cloud, Microservice Architecture, and Containerization (Agile-DevOps)
- Create a lingua franca that supports business planning through Digital solution design
- Improve transparency and collaboration across stakeholder groups
- Ensure that Service/API-based components are utilized as pervasively as possible across the enterprise
- Ensure that Service/API-based components are aligned with Digital Capabilities and the wider Business Architecture
- Prioritize funding and design of Service/API-based Digital components in order to maximize business value, flexibility and “smart” re-use
- Treat Service/API-based components as first-class Digital “products”
- Achieve an Integrated Digital Portfolio Management Approach, covering: Strategies, Programs, Products, Capabilities and Services/APIs
When to Call Us:
- You need to accelerate the standardization and componentization of your Digital Capabilities and Offerings
- You need to build unique, high-impact Digital Offerings, Capabilities and Value Networks that leverage internal and external APIs & Microservices
- You need to materially improve the integration & alignment of your Business and IT Planning and Architectural processes, including Microservice/API Modeling, and Agile-DevOps approaches.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact us to receive additional material or to arrange a Web-based conference or on-site visit.